Saturday 8 February 2020

WITH LOVE, MAA

Mom was rushing through the aisle,
Tensed and worried,
She had to pack some things,
At the last minute, she hurried.

I bid her adieu,
For her outing with friends,
It was a blast that she'd have,
With nobody to interfere till the end.

She ensured cleanliness,
She couldn't ignore her responsibilities,
After all she was a wife,
And also a mother to 2 "matured" babies.

I saw a note by the bed,
It had something scribbled on it,
I opened it out of curiosity,
It was Mom's letter that contained duties to be completed. "Dear Aarav,
I'm out for a week,
But my responsibilities aren't,
Hence, to complete them, a little help I would seek.

While I'm away, do the dishes please,
Tell Dad to take his pills,
Also remind him,
To pay all the pending bills.

Take care of the house,
Do not make things untidy,
Eat your food on time,
And don't remain hungry.

Don't worry about my health,
I'm not too far,
I'll be with you all soon,
With love, Maa." I planned a surprise,
Since her birthday was near,
All the preparation was almost done,
When the phone buzzed, I burst to tears.

I got the information,
That a car was found destroyed,
I informed Dad immediately,
And we rushed to the highway teary - eyed.

She was declared dead,
Her face was smashed,
She lost the glow she once had,
Her car had completely crashed.

Till date we are unable to,
Move on with time,
Life seems still and stagnant,
Without your love, Maa, nothing is fine.

© Kritika Bhatia

No comments:

Post a Comment