Monday 10 February 2020

THE MIRROR

Whenever I see myself in the mirror,
I ask it,
"Mirror oh mirror, can you please tell me,
What's are the special qualities that you can see?

The whole world admires themselves,
When they see their reflection in you,
They feel so confident and prepared,
To face the world, they are no more scared.

But, after a certain limit,
They start getting so conscious,
Their bodily changes become prominent,
Aging gives them a hint.

Still you can't hide,
All their features,
Why, for once, can't you lie,
And let satisfaction pass by?" "I'm never an enemy,
I just reflect what I see,
I am a pool of revelations,
I have a list of people's hidden intentions.

People rehearse in front of me,
I am their audience,
They also curse me,
Because of my silence.

I am made to reflect,
The reflection is my response,
To all the people who love to hide,
The truth from themselves and just adorn." The mirror's reply was so honest,
I got lost in my thoughts,
The world looks really different from its perspective,
And truth is the only factor it supports.
 © Kritika Bhatia

#mirror #truth #revelation #honesty #reflection #secrets #lifetales #perspective #poetryoftheday #poetscorner #poetrywriting #poetrysociety #poetry_addicts #poetsofinstagram #poetryofinstagram #poetryisnotdead #poetscommunity #poetrycommunity #poetrylovers #poetssociety #poetsofinsta #poemsofinstagram #poemoftheday

No comments:

Post a Comment