Monday 17 February 2020

My Past Haunts Me

Arrival of a new day,
An energetic wave tries to make way,
A fresh start with a smile,
Enthusiasm adds to your style.

No worries of the future,
New skills I try to garner,
A heap of possibilities arise,
That give me positive vibes.

There's always a link, I believe,
Between what you gain and what you leave,
The space between them is too narrow,
There's always something from your past that you borrow.

On the ladder of success,
I use the skills I possess,
But somewhere I find situations that daunt me,
Yes, my past haunts me.

Sudden flashes of the years gone by,
I can hear my sobs and feel tears trickling from my eyes,
The struggles I'd faced all my life,
I feel them all come alive.

People making a mockery of me,
My efforts to bring myself to normalcy,
Even after time has healed most of the scars,
Our memory leaves them as they are.

It is hard to move on,
Our minds still replay what had gone,
To the world, I may seem strong and happy,
But in reality, my past still haunts me.

© Kritika Bhatia


No comments:

Post a Comment