Friday 1 May 2020

Sometimes, I Fear

While I sit alone,
And idle in a corner,
My mind develops thoughts,
Some of which don't really bother.

Silence engulfs me,
I fall asleep,
Deeply lost in some dream,
That I cannot even hear the phone beep.

Sleep is my best buddy,
Thankfully, I've rarely lacked it,
When a sudden thought rushes,
I'm left aghast and cannot stay quiet.

The feeling of sudden negativity,
Breaks me to tears,
What might happen next?
Is a thought that creates many fears.

I may mourn or whine the next moment,
That may lead to despair,
Many others may also experience,
Something similar to this scare.

The thought of losing something precious,
Frightens us,
Well, it's hard to accept,
That not everyone boards the same bus.

All have different routes and destinations,
That's what I believe,
I chant some prayers,
And allow those negative thoughts to leave.

Fear creates failures,
That make people repent,
Had I tried, they say,
My life I would have happily spent... .
.
.
© Kritika Bhatia

#fear #thoughts #dreams #failure #pessimism #cutthecrap #negativeenergy #negativity #fightitout #bebold #sleepbetter #prayers #godwillhelpyou #relax #calm #poeticjustice #poetryisnotdead #poetrycommunity #poetryislife #potd #poetrylovers

No comments:

Post a Comment