Friday 22 May 2020

Blessing in disguise (The sequel to I'm Still Waiting)

I was in complete shock,
The silence had killed me,
There was a pang of fear,
That filled in me.

I had two people,
Dependent on my income,
How would I manage?
How would the house rI was lost in deep thought,
An email buzzed on my phone,
It was from my boss,
And with excitement my face was shone. "You're promoted to be the assistant manager in the team," it said,
I couldn't believe my eyes,
Was I still dreaming?
Or was it Dad's blessing in disguise?

I sprung from the bed,
And ran to my mother,
"There's good news, Mom,
I got promoted, no need to fear!" She was so elated,
She thanked God first,
Then she looked upwards and thanked Dad,
And into tears of happiness, she burst.

Nobody is alone... Our world is full of blessings... Our ancestors will always stand by us through thick and thin... Value your family... Treat everyone well... After all, life gives very few chances of atonement... 

© Kritika Bhatia

No comments:

Post a Comment