Wednesday 20 May 2020

I'm still waiting...


I usually board the metro,
On my way back home,
After a long and tiring day at work,
My back becomes as stiff as a stone.

Many people board it all at once,
The next one is usually late,
I'm seldom lucky to find a seat,
Or I stand near the gate.

It was a rainy evening,
A gloomy sky greeted me,
I was at the metro station,
All the trains got cancelled, unluckily.

I was in a hurry to get home,
My family was worried,
I pleaded for a ferry,
But everyone just hurried.

I got a call from my sister,
My father was serious,
He had suffered a heart attack,
My whole family was precarious.

They rushed him to the healthcare,
While I still awaited the train's arrival,
The doctors gave up,
He had very few chances of survival.

He was suffering from many ailments,
Alas, he breathed his last,
My mother broke down,
I was left aghast.

I couldn't see him when he left abode,
In Heaven, he resided now,
I cursed the weather and the situation,
To see him for the last time, why couldn't they allow?

The weather worsened,
Heavily the clouds were pouring,
In despair and helplessness,
At the metro station I'm still waiting.

© Kritika Bhatia (@knowledgeablebookworm)

#despair #helpless #death #weather #rain #storm #metro #transport #calamity #waiting #shock #poetryoninsta #poetrywriters #poetscorner #poemscommunity #poetsofinstagram #poemofig #poetcommunity #poetrylovers #poemsoninstagram #writingcommunity #writingislife #writersofindia #writersofig

No comments:

Post a Comment