Wednesday 5 October 2016

The Hotel Room

I booked a room,
In a posh hotel,
A dream come true,
For, I saw the world's who's who.

I was left astound,
When I saw the celebs loitering around.
They wore their casuals and sneakers,
And I presume, were waiting for their peers.

I was gazing at them,
As if I were seeing a glittering gem,
My eyes were left wide open,
At seeing them exercise in the gym.

I left for a stroll,
In the lush-green lawn,
Some were doing push ups, and some meditation,
And I was lost in my own contemplation.

I went to the cafe to have a look,
Chill there while reading a book,
I saw a man, old and ugly,
Trying to resolve a puzzle as if he were investigating a mystery.

I walked up to him,
And asked him if he needed assistance,
For, he kept glancing,
At the white ceiling.

"No, I'm fine," he replied,
"Trying to solve Sudoku," he sighed.
I left his table, without a word,
In my mind, his thoughts stirred.

I reached my room to refresh,
And wondered what bothered him,
A few minutes later, the bell rang,
And, from my bed, I sprang.

The stranger barged inside,
And I recognized him on the spot,
Surprisingly, it was the same old man,
I tried to sheild myself as much as I can.

He strangled me and threw me on the floor,
I couldn't yell, as he had locked the door.
He tried to pierce his nails into my skin,
And I winced in pain, while freeing myself from him.

He removed a knife,
And stabbed my waist,
I cried and pleaded,
But all went waste.

There I lay, in a pool of blood,
No one to rescue me while I was conscious.
Then I heard the door break open,
But the man had escaped by then.

The cops had come to investigate,
But, I was in an unconscious state,
They couldn't nab him, that's what I heard,
When the news got published in the newspaper, word-by-word.

The hotel room was sealed,
The manager was interrogated,
Nothing could be done,
As the criminal had already gone.

I recovered soon, but the thoughts remain,
That give me frustration and pain,
I recovered from all the physical scars,
But mentally, they didn't get healed so fast.

I still get jitters when those thoughts,
Rush through my mind,
It happened so sudden, I couldn't get over it,
For that experience was one of a kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment